Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Spring


Shortly after my return from Oz in January, things pretty much went to hell in a hand basket. But even amid the sadness and grief, there were moments of levity. I mean, I hate to say it, but for me personally, going home for Grandpa Abe's funeral was probably one of my most gratifying visits to Memphis... so many family and new friends around, and they all seemed to find great comfort being around me.  It was amazing to see how loved and adored my Great North American Grandpa was. 
Back home in Brooklyn, with the passage of the seasons, things have slowly gotten a little brighter... (even my visit to the doctor was fun.) And my experience with Super Soccer Stars with my all my friends in the nabe was just epic. I basically haven't taken off my T-shirt since.
Meeting my Uncle Muni - only 89 years difference between us.

Super Soccer Stars! A Spring Sunday ritual.  And I haven't stopped talking about it since.

No comments:

Post a Comment