Sunday, December 6, 2009

Southern Debut


As you can tell from my enthusiasm, Memphis was clearly the place to be for Thanksgiving. The fall foliage was at its finest and for five days straight the sky was an amazing, deep blue - nothing like those sultry summer months, I'm told. I hung out with my Bobelepie, Grandpa, Auntie Roosie and Uncle Alex in the same house where my mom grew up. And I met a ton of other people who'd heard a lot about me and were just thrilled to meet me. Even Toby Doggy met me with warm reception, though we mostly kept a respectful distance.

Given the somewhat patronizing talk I'd heard about Southerners from various Yankee urbanites, I was pleasantly surprised by the level of discourse. I was prepared to have to slow down my speech patterns, but everyone understood me just fine. All in all, quite a homecoming.

No comments:

Post a Comment